In order to facilitate/help you in the queries regarding Indian Visa. Please write to our event management partner, Events with Us (email@example.com)
All non-Indian passport holders need an Indian visa to travel to India - the only exceptions being nationals of Bhutan, Nepal and Maldives and those with valid OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) card.
The Indian visa is issued by the Indian Embassy/High Commission/Consulate (referred to as ‘Indian Mission/Post’) in the country in which you are resident. In many countries, the Indian visa processing part is outsourced to an authorized agency. For example, Indian Embassy in the USA have outsourced the visa collection and delivery processing to Cox & Kings Global services and their webpage is (https://www.in.ckgs.us/visa/).
We outline the visa application process below. Nevertheless, you are urged to look at your country-specific website for the Indian visa process requirements and details. There are likely to be process variations based on the country and the nationality of the applicant. To obtain an Indian visa, you need to do the following steps:
1. You will need to apply for an Indian visa for attending this conference.
2. Locate the Indian Mission: You can find the Indian Embassy/Consulate website for your country by doing a google search. If there is only one embassy/consulate in your country, then that is your 'Indian Mission'. If there are more, you need to locate the 'Indian Mission', typically by jurisdiction. The Indian Embassy (or the authorized outsourced agency’s) website will contain this information. For example, a resident of USA can find the concerned Indian Mission by visiting https://www.in.ckgs.us/indian-embassy-consulate-locations-jurisdiction.
3. Submit an online application form: Go to thewebsite https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html. Read the instructions by clicking on the side menus 'Photo Requirements', 'Technical Info' and 'Instructions for form'. You can start filling the form by clicking on the tab 'Regular Visa Application' and submit it after completing all the screens. Once you have submitted, remember your Application ID for further use as a reference. You can also use this to track the status of your application.
4. Pay the visa charges if you have not paid in step 3: The details of the visa fee and the agency charges (if any) and the allowed payments modes can be obtained from the country-specific website. You can get the online application to compute the fees. And you can make an online payment if the concerned Indian Mission supports it.
5. Write to us for the document needed from us: You will need an invitation letter from us for in order to complete your visa application. After completing the conference registration, write to our event management partner, Events With Us at firstname.lastname@example.org with copies of your online visa application and your passport. Also, mention any additional documents needed. Events With Us team will send you the relevant documents
6. Pay the visa charges if you have not paid in step 3: The details of the visa fee and the agency charges (if any) and the allowed payments modes can be obtained from the country-specific website. You can get the online application to compute the fees. And you can make an online payment if the concerned Indian Mission supports it.
7. Collect the physical documents that are needed at the Indian Mission: Once the online submission is complete and the payment is done, you need to prepare the following set of documents:
1. The duly signed physical copy of the form submitted on-line
2. Proof of payments of the fees
3. Your Passport
4. Your photograph (for the size and number of copies refer to your country-specific website)
5. Documents needed from us as listed in point 5.
6. Any other document that the country-specific process requires by referring to the Indian Mission or the country-specific website.
8. Send the documents to the Visa Application Centre and schedule an appointment with Indian Mission: Typically, Indian Mission needs two copies of the documents mentioned above in (6) (except, of course, the passport which must be the original – the final visa will be stamped in the passport) and these need to be sent to the visa application centre. Follow the instructions from your Indian Mission (available in the country-specific website) to complete the process.